Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How I avoid a sore back after a long day of quilting

I discovered a new way to avoid back pain when I sew for long periods of time. They make a round chair "cushion" for quilters out of a rubber/plastic material that keeps me comfortable all day long. I find that I don't need as many breaks. I also use it in the car when I take long trips, like going to Shop Hops!! It has rubber bumps/prongs on one side and smaller bumps on the other. It lets me "float" around as I sit and I don't get stiff anymore. Lets me keep sewing straight too, no little jerks as I try to get comfortable! The good news is that you can find the same thing for half the price at your sporting goods store. It is used in exercising for balance training and sells for around $19. I also use it when I spend a lot of time on the computer!! Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment